New Steve Weber Project.

Started by gil, October 17, 2017, 05:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

The case arrived, Hammond 1590XX. There probably will be enough space in there for a 4S battery pack.

Gil.

caulktel

Not sure what case I will use but, it's here.

Joel
N6ALT

gil

QuoteNot sure what case I will use but, it's here.

Awesome. I am using the bottom of that case as the face of the radio. Everything will be "top" mounted. That way i can later use an MFJ-1820T 20m telescopic antenna mounted on the case. I will be using my Thales speaker-microphone, so using a military socket...

Gil.

caulktel

Got my Slop Bucket all done but am having a problem with receive. I believe the problem is in the first mixer, I'm closing in on it .

Joel
N6ALT

caulktel

Closing in the problem. The receiver is working just numb. I'm getting there. The case came in today also, it's going to look soo cool.

Joel
N6ALT

caulktel

Okay problem solved, found one of the crystal leads in the filter shorted to the PCB under the XTAL, so just heated the joint and moved the XTAL slightly and Bob's your uncle! Receiver working great and Transmitter putting out about 3.5 watts for now. Got the calibration all set up so receiver right on frequency and BFO set. Next to start on the case.

Gil, how is yours coming?

Joel
N6ALT

gil

Not well...  :(

I was trying to finish it before my vacation but it doesn't work. The logic part is ok, but I just get a buzzing sound out of the speaker and a slight rhythmic thumping... No receive, no transmit. I hate when that happens... Haven't had time to get back to it...

Gil.

caulktel

Gil,

Sorry to hear about your SB problems. I guess you already did the Mods to the board. Everybody really stressed making them right or there would be problems. I'm not particularly happy about having to Hack my shiny new board up but we have to do what we have to do. I tried to make them as neatly as I could. I seem to have a little lower power output than I would like to see, perhaps I haven't biased the final enough or using too low power supply voltage. Hope you get yours working.

Joel
N6ALT

gil

Thanks Joel, it might be a while before I get back to it. I don't have a scope either...

Gil.

caulktel

Gil,

Just a heads up, on the kd1jvdesigns@groups.io, Steve added C13 to the list of caps that are not used. I think he meant to say C14, because if you leave C13 out you will have only 3 watts output. After installing C13 I now have 7 watts output. FYI.

Joel
N6ALT

gil

QuoteAfter installing C13 I now have 7 watts output. FYI.

Thanks. Did you mean "after taking C13 out?"

Gil.

caulktel

No, Steve said to leave it out, but we need to install C13 just no C14. I found his instructions to be lacking.

Joel
N6ALT