Lost my radio muse or is it a seasonal thing?

Started by Luigi, July 16, 2014, 04:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi

HF on a bike might be dangerous if you hit a powerline with the antenna.

NWARadio

Sometimes all it takes is one contact to make it interesting again. After two months of not being on, I turned the radio on yesterday evening and after a few minutes heard S51DX calling. Recognizing the call, I looked him up in my log only to find out it was S57DX that I'd made contact with before. So, I contacted S51DX and learned that he was Janez in Slovenia, brother of S57DX (Slavko)! Two months apart, I make contact with two brothers in Slovenia. That was the kick in the pants I needed to finish up QSL cards and get them in the mail. Made contact today with W6L in San Diego. I enjoy special event stations.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

RichardSinFWTX

I've worked S51DX myself before!  Too cool!  I'll watch out for his brother.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luigi

All,
I am back at it. The summer was too nice to pass up the outdoors. Now that the weather is rainy, HF seems like a nice thing to be into. The conditions were really great this weekend. I carried out a PSK-31 conversation for about 45 minutes at 5 watts. That was great.

Here are a few things to do this fall.
Update the list of winlink RMS nodes.
Check the Generator and the batteries.
Turn over water and food supplies.
Etc.
Getting ready for the winter conditions up here.

Luigi

cockpitbob

It hit me a few weeks ago.  I'm finishing building my MTR-2 kit radio and trying to find and kill noise sources in my house that have all bands below 15meters at S-8+.