RockMite Rides AGAIN!

Started by RadioRay, December 20, 2013, 10:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

For those who don't know the RockMite transceiver, it's a single frequency, HF CW transmitter/receiver with built in keyer for under $30. I have made many contacts with mine on 20 meters with it's MIGHTY half Watt. Unfortunately, K1SWL who made these and many other excellent kits available down through the years, retired his business and the mighty RockMite went extinct - - - temporarily.

The good folks at qrpme.com are continuing Dav'es RockMite tradition at their website, offering their updated RockMite kits at the link below. Until the end of the year, the price is $40 with TWO sets of crystals.

http://www.qrpme.com/pages/XCVRS.php

How cool is THAT?

72 de RadioRay ..._   ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

Ray, we should try yours at 1pm... My RM20 is gone, but I still have my RM40.

Gil.

cockpitbob

I hadn't heard of qrpme.com before.  I need to get out more.  Their Lobstercon get together is just 2hrs from me.  I may have to go next summer!

KK0G

QRPme also has the meSQUARES and mePADS for Manhattan style construction which is my favorite home brew technique. I've always just cut my own pads but I'd like to order some one of these days to try out.

Great, now I'm gonna have to go spend more money, thanks Ray. 8)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RadioRay

I would be happy to make a small loan: 50% interest compounded minutely, 12 payment a month for 25 years.   Such-a-deal!
-...-

Yup - qrpme.com is a very good website.  They also have a section on their site of products which fit into an Altoids tin.

>Ray
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KC3AOL

They have some neat stuff, but I hate the organization (or lack thereof) of the website.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4