Christmas Present

Started by RadioRay, December 22, 2013, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

Due to conflicting work schedules and etc. we had our family Christmas today.  I score BIG in at least two ways:

1.   My Wife received food prep/dehydrating items & I love to eat...

2.   My present was a CW/SSB kit for 80 meters called the The Survivor.  A very small, 10 Watt 80 meter rig with VERY low ~50 mA receiver current. Maybe I can have it ready to check-in with The American Preppers Radio Network (TAPRN) SSB net which is on-air every Sunday night at 9 pm eastern from 3818 + for QRM. Listen for 'The Lady Net Control'.     :-X

Here is a link to the kit:

http://www.qrpkits.com/survivor.html

3.   To go along with my BIG love of small radios, my Wife gave me a Morse Express Christmas Key -

So, my workbench is cleared (not necessarily 'clean') and it's time to begin building...

Merry Christmas to You All,

Ray
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Archangel320420

WHOAAAAAA!  Where you find such a woman, Ray?

KK0G

Sweet!! Hendricks makes awesome kits, keep us posted on the build process.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

KC3AOL

I looked at the Survivor a while ago, but it's for the 75m band??? It's that even legal in the US? Does it cover the 80m band too?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

RadioRay

75 & 80 are really the same band.  3.5 - 4.0 MHz.  It's just that voice guys tend to call it 75 meters because they are on the top of the band and CW guys tend to call it 80 meters, becase we are assigned the lower part of the band.

>RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

underhill

Really really nice

A very Merry Christmas!!

Allan

John Galt

Ray, I was trying to follow the link for TAPRN but not having any luck.  Any suggestions?

gil

RadioRay

TAPRN -

Hi John G.   TAPRN website is gone.  However, TAPRN team is still quite active.  The radio net is fully operational every Sunday, 3818 + for QRM.  We are working on a website solution right now.  We were on the air last night for the SSB net and no problem.  It's good training, for when Internet is not working   ;)

de RadioRay ..._  ._

John Galt

RadioRay

Archangel asked:  WHOAAAAAA!  Where you find such a woman, Ray?

The local High School.  She was impressed by my persistence.  Nothing would stop me; not even that restraining order from her high school principle. 

Moo-ha-ha-ha!   

Seriously though, she's a great Wife, knows how to build a HOME and much more. I am indeed fortunate.= & thankful.

>Ray

KC3AOL

Quote from: RadioRay on December 22, 2013, 09:14:10 PM
75 & 80 are really the same band.  3.5 - 4.0 MHz.  It's just that voice guys tend to call it 75 meters because they are on the top of the band and CW guys tend to call it 80 meters, becase we are assigned the lower part of the band.

>RadioRay ..._ ._
I guess I'll have to put it back on my list of radios to consider.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

WA4STO

Ooh!  Those are KD1JV goodies.  Excellent.

Those of you who know me at all will understand in advance why this particular rig is of interest to me, ESPECIALLY at that price:  They do SSB!

No, not the voice kind, but rather, the DIGITAL kind.  Yee-hah.

Alas, if I can't even build a 'scrubber' without giving up the ghost, I'll not be doing one of those.  Sigh....

Luck