Season's Greetings via ham radio radiogram

Started by WA4STO, December 12, 2012, 10:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WA4STO

In the last day or so, I've been generating a bunch of radiograms to friends around the country.  I use Winmor so as to achieve 100% accuracy.

Here's an example:

NR 221 R WA4STO ARL 9 WILBER NE DEC 12
MARCIA FORDE KW1U
44 Raymond Rd
Concord MA 01742
BT
ARL FIFTY FROM WILBER NEBRASKA ARL SIXTY ONE 88
BT
LUCK WA4STO

You can send them as well, whether licensed or not.  Feel free to contact me for details.

73 de Luck, WA4STO

White Tiger

Quote from: WA4STO on December 12, 2012, 10:40:41 AM
In the last day or so, I've been generating a bunch of radiograms to friends around the country.  I use Winmor so as to achieve 100% accuracy.

Here's an example:

NR 221 R WA4STO ARL 9 WILBER NE DEC 12
MARCIA FORDE KW1U
44 Raymond Rd
Concord MA 01742
BT
ARL FIFTY FROM WILBER NEBRASKA ARL SIXTY ONE 88
BT
LUCK WA4STO

You can send them as well, whether licensed or not.  Feel free to contact me for details.

73 de Luck, WA4STO

How?
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

Jonas Parker

Join your local traffic net! The 7290 Traffic Net here in Texas has a training manual you can download and print out here:

http://www.7290trafficnet.org/_mgxroot/page_10739.html

WA4STO

Tim:

In your case, you have several ways.  The most complicated is an established traffic net, since it will be expected that you know the protocols required to format and transmit the radiograms.

The easiest ways for you would be:

1.  Send me the name, address and phone number if you have it of the addressee(s), as well as the very brief text of what you'd like to say. You can do that by email.

2.  Ditto for #1 above, except send it either right here or to my winlink.org address.

Either way, I can offer suggestions on what might not "work" down the line.  You need to realize that there might well be numerous people relaying your messages along the way, utilizing any number of modes and/or protocols.

In due time, you'll have the various on-the-air digital modes all figured out, and you'll be able to enter them into the various systems on your  own.  But for now, you (as well as anybody else that wishes to) can do it the easy way.

73 de Luck, WA4STO

White Tiger

If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.