The American Prepper Radio Network (Sunday Net)

Started by RadioRay, September 22, 2013, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

Reminder: every Sunday there is a net held in SSB (apparently voice can be sent over radio - who knew?) Right now the freq is 'around' 7242LSB, depending upon interference.  It will move UP the band to find a clear spot.  Net control is Ruth, whose voice is easy to find on a band filled with grumpy old men.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  :-*  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

'SEE' you on the radio.  This is the one time per week I am in voice on the radio.

de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

cockpitbob

Quote from: gil on September 22, 2013, 09:02:11 PM
7240 tonight..
Gil.
Thanks. Listening now.  At first I thought I was hearing QRM but then I realized I had the mode still on CW ::)

Archangel320420

You guys hear me out there? I heard W7ASA pretty good signal. QRN is high in Minnesota tonight.

gil

I did hear Ray check in.. I can hear you pretty well Ray..
Gil.

RadioRay

Thanks for the signal reports.  I'm running the old M700 marine SSB from the boat into a 130' off-center-fed dipole up about 70 feet.

>Ray
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

Terry I heard Ruth call you, didn't hear your reply at all...
I tried to check in, wasn't heard.
I might try in CW.

Gil.

RadioRay

I heard a little bit of Terry directly. He would be easy copy in CW!

KK0G

Can't find my microphone but I am monitoring ;D .

Having not been on SSB for close to 2 years now I forgot how tiring it is listening to a bunch of weak phone signals among the horrendous static and various band noise that a wiiiiiiiiiiiiide 2.3 kHz SSB filter lets through. Back to CW now.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

Apparently nobody hears me, 12W LSB. That voice stuff doesn't work!
Gil.

Archangel320420

I am running puny SSB signal. Ruth 5/7 to 5/9 here, Jess in OK 40 over/PLUS// PLUS, RadioRay 5/7 to 5/9 some better than Ruth, Ray. Most sigs are 5/5 in QRN. I think Chris is a CW weenie. So Ha!  :)

RadioRay

RadioRay

gil

RadioRay

This was with the WIDE filters in the marine SSB rig.  It would have been even better with the narrow filters ont he QRP rig. (but YOU know that...)

>Ray