Got my American Morse DCP paddle kit today

Started by NWARadio, May 03, 2014, 01:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWARadio

I like the size and I like that the spring appears to be from a ball point click pen.  Easy to find a replacement if this one takes a leap somewhere.  The instructions said to clean up burrs and sharp edges left over from the milling process, but I didn't find any. The parts were all very clean and smooth when I opened the package.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

KK0G

Sweet!

I'll need a set of portable paddle to accompany my new MTR and I haven't decided between between the American Morse DCP or the Plam Pico Paddle. I'm leaning towards the Pico Paddle if the the dimensions allow me to mount it directly to the MTR.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

NWARadio

I made one mistake. AM makes a paddle that's made to be mounted into the Rock Mite. It's got a cavity recessed into the bottom of it so it'll sit flat on top of the enclosure. I didn't like the blue color so I ordered what I did. Now I realIze the screws that hold the solder lugs will cause it not to sit flush, so when I get an enclosure I'll have to drill some extra holes for those screw heads to sit down into.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

NWARadio

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201684632186424

Hopefully that link will work. I wanted to upload the video using Tapatalk, but it wouldn't give me the option of a video. So I uploaded it to my Facebook.

KC3AOL

Nice. I hadn't gotten to the point of looking for paddles for the MTR yet. I'll have to look at those two options. Any others out there that would be small and light to go with the MTR? I was also thinking about 3D printing a set...

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

NWARadio

KK0G

It looks like the Pico Paddles are a near perfect fit for the MTR but unfortunately Palm is very proud of them......... $110 for what amounts to nothing more than two tiny switches and some plastic is pretty steep. I'll have to sell off some gear so the purchase doesn't sting as much.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G