My adventures with J8CALL uBITX and interfacing Digital HF

Started by N6GRG, January 07, 2019, 04:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N6GRG

JS8CALL ROCKS ! now that I've gotten that out of the way, I must say, I'm really having fun with this. Its amazing just how far you can tx and rx. I am currently a beginner with HF Digital and I'm little by little interfacing (some might say the hard way in that I didn't run out and buy the Signal .... box. I'm just using used stuff. I'm getting my PTT control via a Rigblaster Plus. Seems to work well, controlled easily by all software (FLDIGI, the FT8 software, and JS8CALL. It is the type of control I feel better about because any type of control without good interfacing and isolation might do damage. That said, I did not like the audio interfacing. So, I think I'm going with a transformer based type, the Easy Digi. should be easy to troubleshoot and work with it. I'll let you know how it goes. I've got the easy digi, (had for a while) and just need to find or look up the docs. That all said, even with the microphone and speaker based system I have now I cannot complain. But, it is noisy, so I'm changing that. So, what do you think ? Marconi ? who was Marconi heh heh