Yahoo Groups for Ham Radio and social networking.

Started by gil, September 08, 2013, 03:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Hello guys,

I am sure quite a few of you are members of Ham Radio or prepping Yahoo groups. I am subscribed to a few. Please, when appropriate, do not hesitate to link some of your posts to radiopreppers.com. We do need more like-minded individuals on this site. Just don't make it sound like you're advertising. Same goes for other types of forums, Youtube videos, Facebook, etc. You get the picture.. We can use your help.

Thank you.

Gil.

KK0G

How about make a RadioPreppers FB page? Takes all of 10 minutes.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

QuoteHow about make a RadioPreppers FB page? Takes all of 10 minutes.

Hum, no, I don't like the privacy issues that brings... Besides, it might draw some discussion away from radiopreppers to FB...
Radiopreppers is hosted on a super-private server in Iceland...

Gil.

Archangel320420

I mean this in the kindest way. No offense to anyone posting here or reading the posts. There is NO hiding from the gubmint snoops. Are there things we can do to NOT make easy for them? Yes. As for me though, I am through hiding. If my love for God and our constituion makes me a target so be it. If alive I for God and Country. If dead, I do for God and Country. Simple really. Interesting times we live in, freinds.

gil

QuoteThere is NO hiding from the gubmint snoops.

Yeah, I know...  Nothing special here anyway.. I just don't like FB I guess, even though I am on it  :o

Gil.

Archangel320420

Hey Gil.  Luv ya buddy. Friend me if you want to on FB. I am under my first name/last name.

Geek

I don't care for Facebook either.  It seems to be the constant source of viruses.

KK0G

Quote from: Archangel320420 on September 08, 2013, 04:00:39 PM
I mean this in the kindest way. No offense to anyone posting here or reading the posts. There is NO hiding from the gubmint snoops. Are there things we can do to NOT make easy for them? Yes. As for me though, I am through hiding. If my love for God and our constituion makes me a target so be it. If alive I for God and Country. If dead, I do for God and Country. Simple really. Interesting times we live in, freinds.

What he said ;D .

I find it liberating that I'm on probably every government watch list there is because I no longer have to worry about hiding my "radical views."
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

KC9TNH

Quote from: KK0G on September 08, 2013, 04:18:29 PMWhat he said ;D .

I find it liberating that I'm on probably every government watch list there is because I no longer have to worry about hiding my "radical views."
I don't care for or do FB simply because of the collateral trash, although truth be told the problems people have with FB is that they accept default setups and don't do anything else with their browser. There was a pretty good checklist done for the .mil world awhile back that helped with that.

But in these time when it comes down to it....

KK0G

As with most things in life there's both good and bad aspects to FB. On the good side it's allowed me to network with a lot of like minded people that I never would have met otherwise. The class I taught last weekend was all because a FB friend contacted me to set it up.

KK0G

madball13

Can anyone recommend some of the prepping groups.

I basically sign up for the groups that support the radios i own but haven't really delved into firearms or prepping.

gil

RichardSinFWTX

CommsPrepper and SouthernPrepper1 are two of my favorites in addition to MainePrepper.

Archangel320420

Madball. Take a look at "Minnesota Preparedness" Lots of info you can read on there even when not being a registered member. Much of it is open to the public. You can no doubt find a similar site(sites) in your own State. Meet up with some of them face to face is the best thing. Yes, I know that can be scarey :)

KK0G

KK0G