KX3 EMP Protection.

Started by gil, January 23, 2013, 06:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Only downside is: I had to eat all the cookies!

Gil.

ttabs

Put a little neoprene, dense foam, or other type of insulate in there and you'll be good to go.

gil

I'll probably use cardboard...
Here is some further precaution...
Gil.

2MT350

damn, i got those under my bed, should put atleast my midland 13-830 and my cobra 39 plus in ther, lol. idk wheat i can use to protect the cobra 142 gtl with

gil

Quotedamn, i got those under my bed, should put atleast my midland 13-830 and my cobra 39 plus in ther, lol. idk wheat i can use to protect the cobra 142 gtl with

Make sure you isolate them from the box...

Gil.

White Tiger

Gil - that is super cool!

Here is my 10m/CB, 10m dipole, 2m HT, and 50' of coax (not pictured, but coiled tightly and fit snugly inside the box.

Then the box is latched together and stowed in my truck. I have another with the identical set-up in my sons vehicle.

I added an additional layer of EMP protection - with placing the electronics in these:
Tech Protect Bags

The cookie tin is pretty impressive - because it's simple and elegant - but it generated a question: do I need to ground my set-up, similar to the way Gil has grounded his cookie tin?
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

gil

Quotedo I need to ground my set-up, similar to the way Gil has grounded his cookie tin?

Well, it's not grounded. The lid is electriclly connected to the box. I did that because the box is painted, and I wasn't sure there was a good electrical contact between the two.

Gil.