2m antenna tuning

Started by Geek, July 01, 2013, 08:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geek

Congratulations are premature.  I acquired an antenna and it connected to WA2IMS, but. The successor hops did not happen so I did not get an email out.  I am giving it another shot later.

I also spent some time talking to a fellow who is promoting DStar for getting some email to function during events like Sandy.  Apparently they are having some success in Sussex County but have not been able to get much traction in neighboring counties.  I might want to give that a try as well.

WA4STO

Howdy again

I disagree!  Congrats are definitely in order.  The fact that a secondary connection didn't (yet) occur is not your fault. 

Your job, and that of your equipment is (in this case) a matter of connecting to the first station in the chain.  Anything beyond that is not something that you have any control over.

Wow, I sure remember the first time I actually made a connection on VHF packet.  Thought I'd gone to heaven.  :)

Best 73

Luck, WA4STO

Geek

Well, I am still not able to send an email, which was the whole point.  If it doesn't work now, will it work in a disaster scenario?  Maybe the DStar approach will work.