I raise chickens......this not good

Started by NavySEAL, June 05, 2015, 11:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NavySEAL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/06/05/the-largest-grocer-in-the-texas-is-now-rationing-eggs/

"And with each wrinkle of bad news, the idea of a national egg shortage, which was once uttered as though it were a mere apocalyptic musing, is suddenly looking like a real possibility."

Quietguy

Backyard flocks here in the Pacific North West are at risk also.  The Pacific Flyway goes over the top of us and migratory birds have been spreading avian flu everywhere they go.  There have been warnings for people to take precautions, but I don't know what you can do.  We don't have chickens, but sometimes I think we should.

Wally

K7JLJ

We've got 13 egg layers that are 2yrs plus.  While they have slowed down a bit, I'm glad to have them now.  I better raise my prices at work :)

- Jim
-Jim

KK0G

Quote from: K7JLJ on June 06, 2015, 12:59:09 AM
We've got 13 egg layers that are 2yrs plus.  While they have slowed down a bit, I'm glad to have them now.  I better raise my prices at work :)

- Jim
Over 2 years old and still laying eggs?? Better get ready to make chicken and noodles pretty soon.  8)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

K7JLJ

Uh, no.  My wife has informed me that we will be opening a retirement center. :(

- Jim
-Jim