Video of my KX1 Trail Friendly (SURVIVABLE) Radio

Started by RadioRay, November 25, 2013, 11:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

I thought that I should make a video of my version of Elecraft's KX1, since I've been putting out the word that it's for sale.  Frankly, after making this video and playing around with it on the air, I am questioning whether to sell it, but I do need money for my next BIG project.  We're hams, so we all know how THAT goes!     ;)

Either way,  here is a YouTube link to a quick video I made showing my "UP-ARMORED" KX1 in action.

http://youtu.be/hmJdMqnKjzU

73 de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KK0G

Very cool to it in action Ray. I can see why you're torn about parting with it but I definitely understand the lure of upgrading our toys. 8)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

crash54

Very nice Ray.
I would like to have an "up armored case" for the KX3, based on where I go.
I think the best I can do is to find a small Storm or Pelican case for the thing.

N7IBC

Archangel320420

ASA people can not send any faster than that video.  :)

RadioRay

Yup!  True - all that enciphered high speed traffic I claimed to have copied - well, I figured-out pretty quickly that anything I put on paper in proper format LOOKED like the real thing - I mean, nobody could read it anyway, so why try - right?!.  The fact is, that I spent my entire time behind the Iron Curtain, just writing random groups and turning it in for the Crypies to figure out, thus making it THEIR headache. The only RADIO thing I EVER learned was how to cuss like a drunken Russian Morse operator.

RAZ BOIYOO!

73 de RadioRay ..._ ._

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Archangel320420

Ray,

I think perhaps I hurt your feelings judging from your response. I take it all back. After all I know you know you wish you were part of the naval security group, but they only took a few, we happy few.

Terry

RadioRay

?!  NO - I'm having fun with it.    :D     I 'figured' that you were an EX, which is why I pulled an inside joke about all the traffic looking 'good' as long as it was formatted and so I never learned Morse -  ha ha.  Not a problem at all, just two old warriors tossing it back and forth.

>Ray

gil

Nice photo Ray, you looked a little rough back then, all those long hours I guess trying to generate nicely formatted pseudo-random cipher blocks.. Glad you're doing better now  ;)

That KX1 has been sounding good these last few days.. You must have dome something right to it! Or maybe it's the nice cold crisp air  :o

Gil.

RadioRay

Yes - well, it feels good to post a picture of myself, back when I was in in tip-tip physical condition.  I was trained to drink with either hand, perched on bar stools in foreign lands...

Of course, we were all trained in GORILLA WARFARE.

Eventually, the spelling error was noticed, but by then I had already deployed overseas and The Army said that our  training was 'good enough'.

73 de RadioRay ..._ ._