New to the site-

Started by crash54, September 22, 2013, 07:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash54

Hello to all. New member from Idaho.

KK0G

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

Welcome aboard! Where in Idaho? I went on a big road trip two years ago and it was my favorite state..

Gil.

crash54

McCall, Idaho.
Oh, I have a question.
My hearing is less then stellar after too many large un-anticipated explosions close aboard.
Is there a way to view the image to type in the verification code?

RadioRay

Welcome to the forum.  However, I left Idaho due to a bad divorce.

You can see how I would have fallen for her...

de RadioRay ..._ ._

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Archangel320420

Ray. You're a hoot! Welcome aboard, Crash.

cockpitbob

Crash, welcome to the board.  You've found a good one that's young enough to have mostly dedicated, entheusiastic members and zero trolls.

Hmm, bad hearing.  Sounds like Morse code would be a perfect way for you to communicate on the bands.  My hearing leaves a lot to be desired but I can always tell a beep from static.

If you don't already know the code, sorry I mentioned it publicly because you'll soon be on the receiving end of a friendly and well intentioned "learn Morse" dog-pile. ::)

gil

Ray told me about McCall. I would definitely like to see the town in the near future...

Gil.

mdmc

Nobody answered his question. He is having trouble hearing the letters for verification for making a post. Me too, and I have good ears. There is no visible picture of the letters on my browser, and apparently his also.

Mike

gil

QuoteNobody answered his question. He is having trouble hearing the letters for verification for making a post. Me too, and I have good ears. There is no visible picture of the letters on my browser, and apparently his also.

I never saw any verification system for posting, maybe because I am signed-in as the administrator.. Does it actually speak? Is it a captcha? Sorry, I should know this, but never saw it. I'll create a dummy account and check that out.

Gil.

Archangel320420

Yeah  I had that problem for awhile. I would just keep flipping through to another verifications code until I heard one clearly.

For some reason after I posted my first post in here, the verification went away. I use the QUICK REPLY so maybe that is it. Just keep trying, Crash!

gil

No more verification is required after three posts. I put on a simplified image, that should help.
Gil.

Joe

Geek

Quote from: RadioRay on September 22, 2013, 08:12:04 PM

de RadioRay ..._ ._

This explains so much!    :o

cockpitbob

Quote from: Geek on September 23, 2013, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: RadioRay on September 22, 2013, 08:12:04 PM

de RadioRay ..._ ._

This explains so much!    :o
I think his avatar shows the origins of it all  ::)