I need a bit of machining...

Started by gil, July 05, 2016, 05:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Hello,

I need to have an antenna adapter made, which will involve drilling a brass or stainless steel rod and making a 3/8-24 male thread... Anyone can help? Thanks. This might lead to more...

Gil.

KK0G

I'd be more than happy to do it for you Gil, I could whip that out on the lathe in nothing flat. Unfortunately I think the international shipping would far exceed the savings of having it done locally.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

Awesome Chris Thanks! It's a small piece and I don't know any machine shops around here. they might not be familiar with 3/8-24 thread or have the tools for that either. I need to measure the other end precisely, so stay tuned :-)

Gil.

KK0G

I'd be shocked if local machine shops were unfamiliar with 3/8 NF or that they wouldn't have the tooling for it. While the metric system is the standard almost the entire world over other than the U.S., there has to be literally tons upon tons of equipment in France/Europe that still uses standard SAE fasteners. Regardless, get me some specs and I'll gladly do it, just trying to save you some time and money on shipping something half way around the world.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

I'll check around, thanks! Not very familiar with machining.. The metric issue is what worries me..

Gil

Sent from my A1-830 using Tapatalk