Building a Portable 6-el. VHF 2m Yagi-Uda Antenna.

Started by gil, June 28, 2017, 04:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

cockpitbob

Nice.  And I liked the music.

I like the simple, take-down design with the clothespins.  I couldn't quite figure out what you were doing with the propane torch.  I remember you were inquiring about aluminum solder, but I didn't see anything that looked like 2 pieces soldered together.

gil

Thanks Bob  :)

QuoteI remember you were inquiring about aluminum solder, but I didn't see anything that looked like 2 pieces soldered together.

Well, that's because it didn't work :o The reflector is missing 3cm... I taped the piece on for now, but I need to find a way to permanently attach it with a good electrical contact.

Gil.

Jon_Garfio

I watched yesterday the video, no glamour but simple and effective.

Some day I will make anything like this for 50 mhz.

Thanks for show us, Gil.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
Sapere aude

cockpitbob

Quote from: gil on June 29, 2017, 02:30:58 AM
Thanks Bob  :)

QuoteI remember you were inquiring about aluminum solder, but I didn't see anything that looked like 2 pieces soldered together.

Well, that's because it didn't work :o The reflector is missing 3cm... I taped the piece on for now, but I need to find a way to permanently attach it with a good electrical contact.

Gil.
Could the rod have anodizing that needed to be sanded/filed off?
I've always wanted to solder aluminum but never put any time into that.  I've seen a salesman demonstrate aluminum soldering at a car show and it looked pretty simple.  I wish I had bought some rods to try.
In a class I learned to gas welded aluminum (oxy acetylene) and it's tricky as hell with everything needing to be clean and all oxide removed.

gil

QuoteCould the rod have anodizing that needed to be sanded/filed off?

Hi Bob, I did sand it. Either the brazing rods I got from China are crap, or it just wasn't hot enough, maybe both. I need to find someone locally who can help me out... I should have used brass or copper rods and be done with it...

Gil.