Net Activity?

Started by PuJo, September 12, 2015, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuJo

What's the latest and greatest net frequencies & times for the group?

-PuJo

cockpitbob

Unfortunately, we don't have a group net. Want to take that ball and run with it?  Cool weather is coming and that usually means more time in the shack, so participation might be enough to make it worthwhile.

gil

We tried a net a while ago, but it was very hard to get anyone to be on the air at the same time. People set-up skeds with other members.. I am alays willing to practice my Morse code.. I do not own any SSB radios at this time :o

Gil.

KK0G

The logistics of a a net that covers such a huge area would be extremely difficult. While I could successfully find a time, band and frequency to communicate with practically every single member here who holds at least a general class license, the fickle nature of propagation makes doing so with everyone simultaneously an exercise in futility at best and near impossible on a regular basis. Regional nets covering smaller areas are very workable as long as you get continued participation, and as Gil pointed out, personal skeds set up directly with other members is another great idea.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

PuJo

I totally understand.
As with me, I am away 2 weeks at the time.
While I would have my QRP rig with me, there is no telling if the workload will allow me to get on the radio or not.

Maybe we can pull something together this winter when we all have more time at the radio.

Thanks guys,
-PuJo

gil