Global Radio Relay Network

Started by swxx, August 28, 2017, 02:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

QuoteGil you've got some serious programming work ahead!

I'm going to look at that Radio Relay International first... Seems interesting...

Otherwise, if we go ahead with this, I am going to have to do it whenever I can between work and play...

Gil.

swxx

Very good idea, familiarize with RRI first, as this project could join into existing one.

scarr

Yep, this discussion has also led me to RRI - very interesting and they're up and running now.

I think it's a good idea to get acquainted with their operating procedures and listening to them work.

After a while we may see that our focus is different than theirs and decide to set up our own group, or subgroup, but they are definitely an organisation to look to first.

swxx

The folks at RRI are really UFB I could not praise them enough! Agree your advice scarr.

RadioRay

I joined ( tried to join)RRI and as a beginning monitor their 80/40m nets. I've checked in once QRU. I'll wait until I am on their roster before I do more.

RadioRay

03SEP18// I have just received word that I am a member of RRI!  There was a SURGE of applicants when I applied, and they are a volunteer organization. Glad to be aboard! I'll keep you guys posted, but from listening to their tfc nets - this old ditty-bopper loves it.
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

N5VMO_Pat

RadioRay

Radio Relay International  after action report on exercise contains useful information about QRP CW for emergency communication.

http://radio-relay.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/RRI-2018-Q1-and-Q2-Exercise-Evaluation.pdf

See You On The Radio -

de Ray  ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

RadioRay

I must say, RRI is quite impressive on the Morse side!  I have had not direct contact with the digital side, though I know one or two familiar operators there, and they have always top notch, so they likely are doing great work to make a PRACTICAL EmCOMM system. . 

The Morse traffic nets are very well organized, routing has obviously been the subject of much thought and improvements, since the days of the Trans Continental Corps (TCC) and enhanced with excellent upper eschelon management of the system.  I do not see ANY public politicking , and I plan to become rather deeply involved in RRI.

Without mentioning  it at the time, one of my check-ins was QRP (5 Watts) : It worked with no problem - so, it's practical at easily sustainable , emergency power levels.

de RadioRay ..._._

RadioRay

Sparks

Quote from: RadioRay on September 03, 2018, 10:36:08 PMRadio Relay International  after action report on exercise contains useful information about QRP CW for emergency communication.

http://radio-relay.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/RRI-2018-Q1-and-Q2-Exercise-Evaluation.pdf

Please note: "radio-relay.org is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com".

RadioRay

Thanks for the note, Sparks.  The website has been changed to

radiorelay.org

No hyphen between words.

73 & ZUT de RadioRay  ..._ ._