Hey RadioRay...

Started by Quietguy, January 18, 2014, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietguy

Congratulations on your promotion.  See, I told you if you did all your homework, didn't stay out late and ate your cereal you would make it.

Wally

RadioRay

Do you mean my being promoted to Ober-Gruppen-Editing-Leutnant?

Ahhh, I stay at the keyboard too much. I miss the days of being a sail bum, living aboard, work the days and dance all night with the most desirable women in the area (the only ones who owned a tooth brush)

GRIN,

>Ray
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

EmptySpaces

See what teaching the tomahawk moose dance can lead to.
(and I know where on the internet the pics are posted!!)  :-X ...maybe...

RadioRay

I was hungry. I needed the money!

I'd just broken-up with my wife!

I was in Idaho!   moo-ha-ha!

>R
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

RichardSinFWTX

MooseHead!  In Minnesota it's a bear....in Idaho it's a felony!

DogDidIt

Quote from: EmptySpaces on January 22, 2014, 07:48:27 AM
See what teaching the tomahawk moose dance can lead to...

Nooo way... is that REALLY RadioRay or are ya'll just pulling my leg?

Archangel320420

i have a picture of RadioRay in my head. It ain't pretty, Dogit!

gil

There is one floating around here in his Elvis costume... ;D

Gil.

RadioRay

"Nooo way... is that REALLY RadioRay or are ya'll just pulling my leg?"

Actually, I am the inventor of 'The Mysterious Tomahawk Moose Dance' in a Hoods Woods survival video from a little over ten years ago.  It was called "Solo".  We were dropped-off by bush plane in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, I was on crew (and had my home made QRP rig with me). Ron Hood was the 'star' of the video, showing solo survival techniques for two weeks in the Idaho wilderness.

http://www.survival.com/?page_id=251

It's the ONLY survival video I am aware of with a music and dance scene half-way through, after being charged by a bull moose.  //Grin//  There was aerobatics in a bush plane, vomiting , hunger, singing of "Who Let The Moose Out?", getting snowed-in in June - not snowed ON, snowed in because there was quite a bit, packs of wolves. . .  It was a good trip.  Hoods Woods //  www.survival.com   //  is a good place to visit and their wilderness/urban survival skills videos are quite good - and often funny.  People need to learn to have more fun.

>de RadioRay ..._ ._

Quietguy

Quote from: RadioRay on January 23, 2014, 02:18:36 AMPeople need to learn to have more fun.
Speaking of that, have you tried on the Silver Rubber Jump Suit lately?

Wally

RadioRay

Ah well Wally,  you mean that one that the Space Aliens gave me?  Yes & no.  Up in Idaho it was cooler and nt humid at all, so the full suit worked fine.  Down here in The South, however, it's often so hot & HUMID , that I developed a real chaffing problem in the heat and had to cut the suit down to this:

It's a lot more 'free in the breeze' and offers a small ground plane for 2 meters and above when I'm sunning myself on the beach.

>Ray

Quietguy

Quote from: RadioRay on January 23, 2014, 05:40:02 AMhad to cut the suit down
That is very stylish, Ray, nice job... I bet you are quite the hit on a sunny day at the beach.

Wally

underhill