Preppers Calling Frequency.

Started by gil, February 16, 2017, 04:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

I guess we'll have to reduce modes to SSB and CW for this one. Digital could still be used in a dire emergency or after the SHTF. I propose 7127kHz.

Gil.

vwflyer

I suggest it is kept above 7.175 so that U.S. general class licensees can participate.

gil

vwflyer

So long as General class licensees aren't running AM or high powered amps that is probably enough space to keep them from interfering into the Extra portion of the band, but it's awfully close. It's an easy number to remember; almost all sevens.

gil

That's what I thought. With a 3kHz SSB signal that leaves a 1500Hz buffer. It should be enough...

Gil

vwflyer

If it is decided here that 7177 is too close to the Extra portion of the band we could alternatively use 7189. A sequence of numbers is almost as easy to remember as all sevens. I haven't looked at detailed gentalman's band plans to see if we are stepping on anybody's toes there.

gil

Hello,

I'd like more feedback on this guys, please. There is also 7185.5 USB but it is an HFPACK frequency, and while nobody owns frequencies there is such a thing as courtesy. That said HFPACK guys probably would like more USB activity on that frequency. I am still suggesting 7177 USB/CW. 7189 is another option.

Gil.

RadioRay

7185.5USB for contact, them move off for one-on-one or diff group.  Most HFPack people would still be on the air during an emergency, especially grid down which would incapacitate most HF hams. (NO CONTESTS -  YAY !!!)

A. You make friends on HFpack, build your regional 'network' m

B. You can use that as a place to stage, relay to your outstations, and move off if needed.

My 0.02 EURO , please correct for inflation.

>RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

Thanks Ray :)

Your 0.02 Euros are worth $0.0212 so feel free to keep the change ;D

I thought it would be a good frequency also... Now, I might suggest 7185 USB/CW. This way it's not too close to 7175 for General license holders, and close enough to 7185.5 for HFPACK guys to think you're just a bit off frequency but will tell people in the know you're transmitting on the RP frequency. We also don't have to remember the .5.

Gil.

gil

Andyh62

7185khz USB (+2khz for Clansman HF sets) does it for me, if there's general agreement then should we arrange some regional skeds to check how well this works in the real world?

gil

Hi Andy, yes, that would be step two. Maybe setting a day and time once a week to try making contact on that frequency...

Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

scarr

I'm in! I'll will definitely try to participate in skeds - cw, ssb, digi - all good.

gil

Great! Let's go for 7185, USB and CW, even cross-mode if needed. No need to think about other frequencies if we can't spread the use of this one. Before choosing a day a harder task is to find a time that might make contacts between the United States, Europe and possibly Australia. I need to look into that. Suggestions are welcome, in Greenwich time. Thanks.

Gil.

scarr