Making progress on the RM][

Started by NWARadio, June 22, 2014, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWARadio

Worked on the rock mite last night a little. Probably won't work on it again for a few days, but I've got a start and I'm really enjoying it. I was sent three sets of crystals so I'm still not real sure what frequency I'm going to go with. I might use the sockets that were sent so I can switch out the crystals.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

KK0G

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

NWARadio

I like what this guy did with using the screws for a touch keyer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-aKlkVePXE

KK0G

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

cockpitbob

Ditto.  A 40meter CW HT!  There's a lot to be said for that (even though it's going to be half deaf and mute with that antenna).

KK0G

Quote from: cockpitbob on June 23, 2014, 10:21:37 PM
Ditto.  A 40meter CW HT!  There's a lot to be said for that (even though it's going to be half deaf and mute with that antenna).
Half deaf? You're more optimistic than I am. 8)
It's still pretty cool though, just needs a real antenna.

KK0G

cockpitbob

Yeah Chris, I was being kind about that antenna making it half deaf.  Still, just like a .22 in the pocket beats a .45 in the safe, the portability of that antenna can't be beat.

NWARadio

The RM40 is finished and I'm trouble shooting it now. When I power up, it apparently fires w into programming mode. Hopefully tonight I'll get to work on it. I do wish American Morse still made the Mity Box. I haven't seen an enclosure as attractive as that one.