Sked anyone?

Started by KK0G, April 30, 2013, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

Anyone want to sked this evening? Tomorrow? Sometime? Anytime? 8)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

cockpitbob

I have to warn you, I've got a wife, 2 kids and not much free time so I'm really undependable 24hrs out.  Still, how about 8:30pm(edt)/00:30z on 40M, unless you prefer 80M?

CW or SSB?

gil

Listen tomorrow 14067.5 at 11:30 EST...

Gil.

KK0G

Quote from: cockpitbob on April 30, 2013, 09:31:36 PM
I have to warn you, I've got a wife, 2 kids and not much free time so I'm really undependable 24hrs out.  Still, how about 8:30pm(edt)/00:30z on 40M, unless you prefer 80M?

CW or SSB?

Sounds good, call me on 7.107 MHz, CW of course. I'll be listening tonight at 0030 UTC, and don't worry, if you lose your 'free time' to the family I completely understand.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

KK0G

Quote from: gil on April 30, 2013, 10:04:53 PM

Gil.

We should probably use UTC to avoid confusion of AM/PM, time zones etc. I assume you mean 0330 Z?

KK0G

cockpitbob

Quote from: kk0g on May 01, 2013, 09:01:57 AM
Quote from: gil on April 30, 2013, 10:04:53 PM

Gil.
I assume you mean 0330 Z?
Since it's 20M I'm betting he means a.m. (15:30z).  I might be able to get to the shack for that.

gil

I don't like UTC.. I like 24h  time where I live. So, 11:00 is 11:00 AM, otherwise I would use 23:00. Eastern time.

Gil.

KK0G

Quote from: gil on May 01, 2013, 11:26:51 AM
I don't like UTC.. I like 24h  time where I live. So, 11:00 is 11:00 AM, otherwise I would use 23:00. Eastern time.

Gil.

I agree on the 24 hour time format, every time piece I own from
clocks, watches, cell phone, car stereo, etc is set to 24 hour
format if available. Whoever thought up the illogical 12 hour
format was nuts in my opinion, same thing with the M/D/Y
date format?? doesn't make sense.

The beauty of UTC is that it is always the same everywhere
on the planet, that way there's no confusion?? obviously I
was confused :o

Regardless, I'm at work during the day so it's a no go
anyway. How about try tonight with cockpitbob and me on
40 meter?

KK0G

gil

QuoteThe beauty of UTC is that it is always the same everywhere
on the planet, that way there's no confusion?? obviously I
was confused
Well, when I get a watch that can display both local and Zulu time, I might use it more often.. I did set my logging program to local time because otherwise, it always involved mental gymnastic to figure out what time of day a QSO took place.. It gets old quickly. Not that I am not familiar with UTC, I learned all about it while getting my pilot's license.. I didn't like it then either, having only flown in the same time zone.. Since my radio log is for my eyes only, I don't need UTC.
Regardless, I'm at work during the day so it's a no go
anyway. How about try tonight with cockpitbob and me on
40 meter?
Sure, I can do 40m tonight..

Gil.

RadioRay

I am QUITE certain that you fellows ACTUALLY meant to
saaaaay "Greenwich Mean Time" , eeeeh wot?
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KK0G

Quote from: gil on May 01, 2013, 02:43:36 PM

Sure, I can do 40m tonight..

Gil.

Hope to hear you in there tonight.

KK0G

KK0G

Quote from: RadioRay on May 01, 2013, 03:20:52 PM

I am QUITE certain that you fellows ACTUALLY meant to
"Greenwich Mean Time" , eeeeh wot?

Was that a British or a Canadian accent? LOL

KK0G

cockpitbob

Sked:  how about Gil's favorite frequency of 7,067.5 at 00:30z?  KK0G de AB1LT

KK0G

Quote from: cockpitbob on May 01, 2013, 07:09:43 PM
Sked:  how about Gil's favorite frequency of 7,067.5 at 00:30z?  KK0G de AB1LT

I'll be there.

KK0G

KK0G

Thanks for hanging in there Bob. I hated having to fire up TS-2000 with it's power sucking 100 watts but unfortunately it just wasn't gonna happen with QRP. My multiple mistakes were from quickly throwing a different keyer in line once I gave up on the KX1, it kept trying to add extra dahs where I didn't want them, sorry bout that.
Let's do it again soon, hopefully QRP next time. In the meantime I'm still in the shack if anyone wants to try another one this evening.

KK0G