The American Prepper Radio Network (Sunday Net)

Started by RadioRay, September 22, 2013, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

Had a hard time making out anything from FM19uk.....a lot of noise,but did hear a Georgia accent female distinctly way way down in the noise floor.   Will try again next Sunday.

Sent from my HTC Aria

RadioRay

Hi Kat,

Welcome aboard.  I am south of you a bit at FM17uu and it WAS an unusually weak signal Sunday.  She is normally much stronger.  Probably not pushing the mic button hard enough.   ;)

>RadioRay ..._  ._

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

John Galt

Did anyone have any luck with the net last night?  I tuned around but never did pick up anything but a couple guys at 3.8175.

madball13

finally got in.

I heard "a" Ray not sure if it was "the" Ray

Archangel320420

HEY!  I heard W7ASA on 3820 Khz tonight. It would be pretty ruff, but I heard your voice, Ray.

RadioRay

Cool!   I am not much for voice nets, but it's such a good net that I make a point of powering-up the old marine SSB set. (sailboat marine, not USMC Marine - haaar!)

>de RadioRay
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

dhrosso@mac.com

Is this net still active and if so what time and freq?

RadioRay

Oh yes - very active.  3818 and UP for QRM, Sunday nights at 9 pm.  More details can be found here.

http://www.amrron.com/nets-regional-national/taprn-regional-net/

>RadioRay ..._   ._

NWARadio

Odd to see times in Eastern. I figured all times would be UTC since that's pretty standard. I'll try and check in sometime.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

DogDidIt

TAPRN is switching to 40m this coming Sunday 4/13/14. 
For those interested, click the link that RadioRay provided a couple posts up.
DogDidIt

John Galt

Quote from: DogDidIt on April 08, 2014, 10:58:37 PM
TAPRN is switching to 40m this coming Sunday 4/13/14. 

I think the switch to 40 meters is going to greatly improve their coverage.  Or at least I hope.

I've tried to tune in several times and could barely hear anything above the noise.  9pm EST being still daylight in TX this time of year, I'm sure D layer absorption wasn't going to help 80 meters.

DCJon

Ruth runs a great net.  We had 30 check in's this last week.   

madball13

Quote from: DCJon on July 06, 2014, 09:16:12 AM
Ruth runs a great net.  We had 30 check in's this last week.

I heard her pretty well but didn't try to check in. I was getting tired and wanted to go to bed.

DogDidIt

Quote from: madball13 on July 07, 2014, 04:37:35 PM
I heard her pretty well but didn't try to check in. I was getting tired and wanted to go to bed.

That brings up a good point - Going forward, NCS will try to remember to take a couple more breaks for additional check-ins during the topic of the discussion.

All,
TAPRN Post-Net Report podcasts are now available.  They provide a summary of each week's topic.  If interested, feel free to click on the following link:
http://www.amrron.com/taprn/

Any comments/suggestions on how to improve the net, please let us know.
Thanks,
DogDidIt