New member registration image verification.

Started by gil, September 25, 2013, 02:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Hello,

There was a problem with the image verification at registration time.. I did not know the image was no longer showing. I could have fixed the problem but decided to get rid of the requirement instead and add two simple radio related questions to be answered to get in. Sorry about the hindrance, but robots try to join all the time and the site would be flooded with spam without some sort of registration control.

If you tried to join and could not, please try again now, you should have no trouble.

Gil.

IZ2UUF

Quote from: gil on September 25, 2013, 02:03:26 PM
If you tried to join and could not, please try again now, you should have no trouble.

Uh, I had that problem but I succeded in registering using the sampled voice.

Davide

gil

That's what I found out people were doing. However many others may have just given up...
Hum... Some kind of selection for the smart and persistent I guess  :o

Gil.

IZ2UUF

Quote from: gil on September 25, 2013, 04:14:02 PM
That's what I found out people were doing. However many others may have just given up...
Hum... Some kind of selection for the smart and persistent I guess  :o

Actually it would be a clever way to select people, since they wouldn't know that they were going through a selection system...  ;D

RadioRay

Ha!  That's funny.    :D

Questions are good!

What is the approximate TOTAL length of a 40 meter , half wave dipole?   
[  ] 40 meters   
[  ] 20 meters   
[  ] 10 meters
[  ] Volt/Ohm meters

What irritates Gil MOST on the radio bands?
[  ]  Fading signals
[  ]  Thunderstorm noise
[  ]  Solar storms
[  ]  !@#$%^^&$! Contests!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

73 de RadioRay ..._ ._

Ps. A company I worked for once posted an advert for a technician who 'must have PLS experience'.  It was a misprint, because the industry standard was actually PLC used for industrial machine controllers. Well - I soon had a stack of resume's on my desk SOME SAID THEY HAD ___ YEARS EXPERIENCE IN PLS...  I asked my Boss to leave the mistake in the advert so that we had an instant 'filter' of applicants who were trying to BS me.  Not ONE of them in phone interviews could explain "PLS" though a few - the best - explained that they knew it was a typographical error.  I was interested in interviewing THOSE applicants further.
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

Question number two would definitely assure that they have browsed the forum a bit before joining! New members will just be asked what were Morse's and Marconi's first names... Please don't post the answer here  ::)

Gil.

KK0G

Quote from: gil on September 25, 2013, 05:47:40 PM
Question number two would definitely assure that they have browsed the forum a bit before joining! New members will just be asked what were Morse's and Marconi's first names... Please don't post the answer here  ::)

Gil.

Bubba and Earl?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

RadioRay

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Archangel320420

Looks like two First Class petty officer CTs after 20 years service.

WA4STO

Right and they've got the cauliflower ears to prove it.

R-branchers, no doubt.  Definite ditty boppers.

LH

cockpitbob

Interviews:
I remember reading a story about a telegraph company interviewing for telegraphers.  Several candidates showed up and were asked to sit and wait in the lobby.  Around the corner they could hear someone sending Morse code.  After a few minutes one candidate got up and walked around the corner.  5 minutes later the other candidates were told they wouldn't be needed without ever being interviewed.

The Morse they heard around the corner was asking the candidates to please come around the corner for the interview.  Only 1 guy got it.

RadioRay

crash54

I know those two guys! They live in Yellowpine!