RockMite "Homeland Security" Bug-Out Radio

Started by RadioRay, August 01, 2014, 01:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

This fellow decided that if he had to get-out-of-Dodge, that he wanted at least one HF Morse transceiver with him. Here is a link to a light hearted, but well though-out HF radio package, tested in the field with the boys in uniform [not the Army, not DHS - a much more elite group: Boy Scouts of America].  He really did a fine job.

http://www.qth.at/dm3da/collection/084.html

This has me thinking of repackaging my RockMite....

>de RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

cockpitbob

I want to know more about that tiny home made paddle.  Can't find anything with google.

RadioRay

mini-paddle is probably something like this:

de RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KC3AOL

Quote from: RadioRay on August 01, 2014, 05:28:05 PM

That would be my guess, but it looks like they modified the design to have the common as the paddle instead of the dit and dah.

cockpitbob

Quote from: KC3AOL on August 02, 2014, 10:16:06 AM
Quote from: RadioRay on August 01, 2014, 05:28:05 PM

That would be my guess, but it looks like they modified the design to have the common as the paddle instead of the dit and dah.
Mmmm, I get it.  They rearranged the wires from the jack to the board.  I have some scrap brass stock.  I'm going to have to try that.

Dakota Lee

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, so please be patient with me! I don't have a radio yet, but I do want to pick the minds of the best and brightest, so here in am! I hope everyone has an enjoyable and SAFE Labor Day.

KK0G

Quote from: Dakota Lee on August 31, 2014, 12:44:27 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, so please be patient with me! I don't have a radio yet, but I do want to pick the minds of the best and brightest, so here in am! I hope everyone has an enjoyable and SAFE Labor Day.
Welcome to Radio Preppers, glad to have you aboard. We'll be more than patient with you, great group of people here.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

cockpitbob

Welcome Lee! 
I don't know how you did it, but if you want to pick the minds of "the best and brightest" you've come to the right place.  This place is small, but there are some wicked-smart people here, and they're all helpful and patient.