Kinda New to Radio

Started by TexasRadio, November 07, 2013, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasRadio

Howdy All from Texas !!!!

One year this past Field Day in Amateur Radio and tested and past for Extra.  !!!

New to this site.

Don't know everything but if I can help answer questions feel free to ask.

RichardSinFWTX

WooHoo!!!  Welcome to the club!

Good to see another resident of God's Country here!!

RadioRay

Wellll, if ya'all TEXans don't mind a Virginian stepping in, I'd like to welcome the gentleman as well.    :D   I was blessed with a few months temporary duty (a long time ago) out in south-west Texas at San Angelo and was treated like royalty.  Welcome to the forum and it's good to have you aboard.

>RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

TexasRadio

Yes Sir !!!!!

Thanks for the Welcome !!!!!

TexasRadio

Quote from: RadioRay on November 07, 2013, 01:20:14 PM
Wellll, if ya'all TEXans don't mind a Virginian stepping in, I'd like to welcome the gentleman as well.    :D   I was blessed with a few months temporary duty (a long time ago) out in south-west Texas at San Angelo and was treated like royalty.  Welcome to the forum and it's good to have you aboard.

>RadioRay ..._ ._

And thanks to you as well.

RichardSinFWTX

Well I do declare, Ray, you are most welcome here!

Have a seat here on the porch and we'll fix ya a mint julep!   ;D

KK0G

Welcome and congratulations on the Extra ticket.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RichardSinFWTX

Quote from: RadioRay on November 07, 2013, 01:20:14 PM

>RadioRay ..._ ._

Who did you pi** off to get sent to Goodfellow AFB??  ;)

I was there too for just a few months though back in '89.

RadioRay

" Who did you pi** off to get sent to Goodfellow AFB??  ;)  "

Ft. Concho / Ft. Goodfellow as we used to remind the zoomies , because the runway must have been as long as the Concho River was wide, because we never saw it... 

The Judge said that I was either going to language training or prison.  I made a rash decision in joining the Army.

>Ray
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

RichardSinFWTX

Quote from: RadioRay on November 07, 2013, 02:48:59 PM
" Who did you pi** off to get sent to Goodfellow AFB??  ;)  "

Ft. Concho / Ft. Goodfellow as we used to remind the zoomies , because the runway must have been as long as the Concho River was wide, because we never saw it... 

The Judge said that I was either going to language training or prison.  I made a rash decision in joining the Army.

>Ray

I hear ya man!  So, were you a Golf or a No-Luck Chuck?!  ;)

I was there from July '89 to the end of September then went up to Fort Devens.

WA4STO

Quote from: RadioRay on November 07, 2013, 02:48:59 PM

Heh, in my case the 'judge' was the draft.  I went into the Naval Security Group, ended up ditty bopping for a while on the midnight shift and then -- lo and behold -- there was a notice on the wall wanting some of us kids (I was 17) to go language school.  Hmmm... I could either be a cunning linguist or I could keep chasing ditties.  I opted for language school at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey. 

From there this squid was sent to yet another army post (go figure) this time in beautiful downtown Fort Meade MD.  Yippee.

73 de Luck, WA4STO

RichardSinFWTX

Yup...did my time at the Defense Love Institute!  Sloat Monument was still there when I left!!   ;D  Saluted many a naval E7 because of that damn tiny, shiny rank!  What language did ya get?  German here.  Guess where I ended up?!

I was a tactical guy, 1st Infantry Division Mechanized (Forward), Cooke Barracks Germany!  The closest I got to Fort Meade was sending boxes of cassette tapes full of recorded Russian traffic from Iraq in the days leading up to Desert Storm. 

Archangel320420

Welcome aboard "da luv boat", TexasRadio.

John Galt

Welcome, TexasRadio!!  You're gonna love this site.  Texas is a pretty small state but what part do you hail from? 

I'd sure like to see us start working on a Radiopreppers Texas subnet.  Maybe we can consider that.  Don't know but maybe it's time to start a Texas Subforum?

RichardSinFWTX

Sounds great to me!!   ;D