Halloween

Started by freax, October 17, 2014, 01:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freax

*Censored*

cockpitbob

In the small town (6K people) we live in, everyone goes to one street to trick or treat.  We just happen to live on that street.  It's great.  It's like a block party.  If it's not cold, people set up in their driveways with coolers, music and scary stuff.  We live towards the quieter end of the street so we only expect about 100 kids 8) .  The joke is that when you buy a house on this street the mortgage company automatically gives you an equity line of credit for candy.

My kids usually hit more than 50 houses and come home with pounds of candy.  My older boy is 16 and didn't go last year (says he's too old) but this year I'm making him go.  This year I'm confiscating 90% of the candy to put in my prepper stores  ::) .

Actually we've been busy and don't have much planned.  Carve a couple pumpkins and stack corn stalks from the garden around the lamp post.  And...go to Costco to buy candy.

Joe

Living out in country we only had 6 kids last year up from 4 the previous year. I think we may have 7 this year, so we splurge and hand out full size candy bars.

This year I think I will dress up in my Czech gas mask, rubber boots and gloves, and my chemical suit.  ;D

Luigi

That was an interesting video. I agree except for the government regulation part.
I knew of a company that used to take waste product from soda and candy manufacturing companies and make ethanol fuel out of it.
Luigi