Gil, Thank You

Started by Jim Boswell, January 14, 2015, 12:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Boswell

Gil, Thanks for this forum. Although I don't contribute often I have gleamed some good into from this site. So many times local clubs get stuck in a rut and nobody steps outside the "BOX" to try something different. One of the most important "draws" amateur radio has is the freedom to "find" your favorite activity. When working with new amateur operators we must impart a feeling of freedom. With this freedom comes respect for what past amateurs have accomplished.
      When I talk to a new ham about good amateur radio web sites, this site is on the top of the list. My Radio Prepper T shirt sure draws attention. It would be really neat if we could arrange a face to face QSO at some ham gathering. 73'S  KA5SIW

Luigi

Ditto on the site. It is nice to meet like minded folks who want to use their radios for communicating rather than playing around.
Luigi

cockpitbob

And another ditto here.  Good people, good information being shared.  The only way for it to be better is if we were closer together.

gil

Thanks, much appreciated!

I am happy as well about the way the site developped, like being proud of a son taking off on his own.. Well, maybe not quite like that ;) but you get my drift.. I had no idea what kind of a site it would become. For instance, the focus on Morse code.. Because preparedness is a main goal, certain technical requirements do naturally appear, the main one being portability. But we have seen great threads about manpacks, solar power, antennas, etc. I have learned a lot from you guys, thank you.

Another great benefit from radiopreppers is new "like-minded" friends. Some of you guys I do consider my friends, the regular posters.. It would indeed be great to organize more skeds to extend our information support grid. I regularly "talk" to Ray. Chris talks to Wes, and I am sure we have a few others.

I listen to 7030 sometimes at night and 14060 late mornings and early evening.

Good night :D

Gil.

RadioRay

I'll add to the kudos.  This site is an oasis of discussion, thought and silly pictures.

//GRIN//

de RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

LOL Ray, you might be right :o

Gil.

Joe

Thank you Gil, I know because of this place my comms have expanded beyond what I set out to do.

KK0G

It's not a big site, but then again "big" is kind of relative. We're more like a group of friends that meet at the coffee shop every morning. Sometimes we're offering each other intelligent advice and solving problems, and sometimes we're just giving each other shit, but that's what friends do.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G