Medy's Intro

Started by Medy, June 07, 2012, 07:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medy

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Frank but i like to go by Medy...its a short version of my middle name. I live in Western MA, right on the MA,NY,VT borders. I have been an amateur radio (Ham) operator for just over 10 yrs. I currently hold a Tech class ticket but i am studying for the Gen class and also studying Morse Code. I know Morse code is not a requirerment for the test but i still want to learn it, because with morse code you can still reach out and talk with just the simplest gear and still be heard. I just started to get into QRP (under 5 watts of power) and building kits like the Rockmite. My call sign is KB1HZM. I was in the Army for 7yrs stationed at Ft Hood TX. I belong to a decent prepping group and will probrably be taking care of the communications of the group. So just wanted to intro and let everyone know that im here. If you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll try to answer them the best i can. Thanks Gil for starting this forum!!!!!

KK0G

Welcome to the forum Medy, with your interests I think you're gonna fit in here just fine. Good luck on your quest for general and to learn code. No doubt you're already aware, but just in case you're not I'll point out that you do have CW privileges as a technician on several very useful bands.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

cockpitbob

Note the date on Medy's post. ;)   I think Polypricrs is a robo-member who replied to an old thread.
Regardless, it's good to hear from another person from Mass. even if it was 3 years ago.

Quietguy

Quote from: cockpitbob on April 24, 2015, 08:41:50 AM
Note the date on Medy's post. ;)   I think Polypricrs is a robo-member who replied to an old thread.
Ditto for new member PrettyOnly, who posted today in a couple of other threads.  I'm guessing they were attempts at posting link spam that didn't work.

Wally