Callsign list?

Started by Rescue9, September 19, 2016, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rescue9

Is there a listing of callsigns for those who are on this forum? Now that I've been introduced to reverse beacon network, I thought I'd keep an eye out for people here and maybe make contact.

cockpitbob

The good and bad news is, there isn't.  Since this is a prepper forum, quite a few people choose to keep their call sign private since you can instantly look up the person's name and address from it.  Some aren't so up tight about it and use their call as their screen name.  Others are so up tight, they have a post office box for the sole purpose of giving that to the FCC for their call sign's address (which is perfectly OK since all the FCC wants is an address they can mail stuff to), so only a PO box shows up on qrz.com.

What would really be cool is if we could give RBN a list of call signs and it would text us if one of those calls was on the air. 

gil

Well said Bob. That is the reason there isn't.. As to a program to warn friends when someone is on the air, I've been thinking about it... I can make one, just need to find the time...

Gil

KK0G

I'm not going to tell you my call sign!!  8)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

Jim Boswell

This is a prepper thing, what if the government finds out? I need something to feed my paranoia.

gil

I gave mine away but I'm in France now, so... Not sure if it's worse or better.. Oh well..

Gil