HSMM-MESH

Started by Geek, July 19, 2013, 07:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madball13

Quote from: Geek on September 01, 2013, 08:59:58 AM
That is great!  If I were you I would falsh all of them now.  Label them with the IDs you want.  Test them.  Set up a couple to use all the time and tuck the rest away for emergency use and backups.

Great? Yes and no. Wanted 2 or 3, not 9.

But anyway getting them flashed now. I have a energizer back up battery that fits the routers perfect so I'm going to take it on the road and test range. I'm hoping the stock config can link up halfway between me and a buddy and we can use height and hi gains to get us the rest of the way.

Geek

From what I have been told, height is the key to getting more range.

Geek

I set up my second router and the two routers can see each other fine, so I know everything is working.  Next step is to get some height and see if I can find some distant nodes.  I'm thinking that I'll leave one in the house and one up a pole.

recon_prepper

Our EMA uses them for various things. We have ip web cams on top of each of the counties water towers that we can control thru them.
Also VOIP phones can be used when phone lines are down in a storm or a drunk hits a power pole or a squirrel chews thru the lines.
Transferring files such as ICS forms for ARES and things like that.

Those are a few uses for them.

K5KTF

There are FOSCAM outdoor IP cams for under $100 (foscam.us). And yes, you can do ANYTHING over BBHN that you can do over the internet. One guy has setup TICKETS-CAD (a free alternative to WEB-EOC) on a BeagleBoneBlack (more power than a R-Pi). In fact on that same BBB, he has TicketsCAD, Asterisk (for VoIP phones), an FTP server LOADED with every kind of manual in PDF form (radio manuals, other instructions/manuals/info).
Hook it to ONE node, advertise the services in the node's setup, and poof, a completely portable EmComm management station.

Rob_ma

That sounds very interesting. Is this documented online anywhere?

- Rob

geoffrain

Lots of info here http://www.broadband-hamnet.org

Geoff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob_ma

Yup, seen that site and already converted a number of Linksys routers.  :) I was referring to:

QuoteOne guy has setup TICKETS-CAD (a free alternative to WEB-EOC) on a BeagleBoneBlack (more power than a R-Pi). In fact on that same BBB, he has TicketsCAD, Asterisk (for VoIP phones), an FTP server LOADED with every kind of manual in PDF form (radio manuals, other instructions/manuals/info). 

Hook it to ONE node, advertise the services in the node's setup, and poof, a completely portable EmComm management station.