The American Prepper Radio Network (Sunday Net)

Started by RadioRay, September 22, 2013, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Galt

I was listening to 3818 last night but didn't hear much going on.  I'll try again next week and tune around a little.  Thanks.

madball13

Quote from: RadioRay on December 29, 2013, 11:26:17 PM
This Prepper's Net is definitely operational every Sunday at 9pm eastern and was on tonight at about 3833. Remember, they have to search for a clear frequency, because sometimes 3818 has other operator's using it.  The general rule it 3818 and UP , tune for the woman's voice and/or preppers' talking.

>Ray

Thanks Ray, i'll keep trying.

RadioRay

We do have check-ins from up in your area and either the net control or I will hear what the other doesn't.  CSA - Richmond stopped jamming 'Yankee' radio transmissions a couple of months ago ago, so it's legal for us to hear you down here now   :D

>RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

geoffrain

What happened to the website? Seems to be MIA lately...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KK0G

Quote from: geoffrain on December 31, 2013, 03:43:05 PM
What happened to the website? Seems to be MIA lately...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From what I understand it's kind of semi-permanently gone.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

raybiker73

I'm going to see about checking into this net again once I get rid of some of the wintry weather. Snow and ice seem to make my dipole take a serious dump on 80m and 40m, but it suddenly kicks some serious butt on 12m and 15m. Go figure.

madball13

Quote from: RadioRay on December 30, 2013, 06:03:54 PM
We do have check-ins from up in your area and either the net control or I will hear what the other doesn't.  CSA - Richmond stopped jamming 'Yankee' radio transmissions a couple of months ago ago, so it's legal for us to hear you down here now   :D

>RadioRay ..._ ._

the Yankees up here would call me a copperhead.

RadioRay

Ha!   Actually, there seems to be a phenomenon where if a person travels North long enough, it's like The South.  Northern Idaho for example:

In Northern Idaho, any place with a sign out front that reads: Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives is NOT a government agency
- it's a convenience store! 

Moo-ha-ha-ha!

73 de RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

RichardSinFWTX

No, Ray!  You just circled the planet!  You're in Texas!!   8)

madball13

I "Heard" the net last night. I only heard a few stations and after 45 minutes the distinctive female net control voice was recognized but not identifiable. I get a ton of noise on my dipole at the QTH.

John Galt

Quote from: madball13 on January 06, 2014, 10:02:14 AM
I "Heard" the net last night. I only heard a few stations and after 45 minutes the distinctive female net control voice was recognized but not identifiable. I get a ton of noise on my dipole at the QTH.

I had the exact same experience last night.  I could hear the female voice but too much noise for the net to be useful.  I wish I could stick up a big old antenna on a tower but I'm HOA restricted.   :(

madball13

Quote from: John Galt on January 06, 2014, 12:14:11 PM
Quote from: madball13 on January 06, 2014, 10:02:14 AM

I had the exact same experience last night.  I could hear the female voice but too much noise for the net to be useful.  I wish I could stick up a big old antenna on a tower but I'm HOA restricted.   :(

I have a full size 80m Dipole at the house and i think i just need to troubleshoot the noise.

John Galt

I'm curious as to the geographic location of the net control because I wasn't picking her up well at all.  I'm running a Chameleon Hybrid for an antenna but at the height I've got it, it's probably more useful for NVIS.

RadioRay

Sunday was not very good for me on 80 meters.  The net control is in Georgia, and she was weak/readable here, while Oklahoma and other distant stations were stronger than usual, indicating that maybe the band had already gone 'long'. I am in Virginia.

>RadioRay ..._ ._

madball13

Quote from: RadioRay on January 06, 2014, 01:58:46 PM
Sunday was not very good for me on 80 meters.  The net control is in Georgia, and she was weak/readable here, while Oklahoma and other distant stations were stronger than usual, indicating that maybe the band had already gone 'long'. I am in Virginia.

>RadioRay ..._ ._

I heard the OK station, i know the call sign well, and that was the strongest one i heard.