SWL Guide Websites

Started by KK0G, October 12, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

I've been monitoring SW broadcasts quite a bit lately and I thought I'd pass along a website I've found very helpful in navigating around all the S-meter pegging, fire and brimstone, religious stations here in the US - no offense if that's your thing but it's definitely not my cup of tea.

It's very versatile in that you can specify any combination of language, radio station, time, etc and it will spit out what's on the air, when, where on the dial and also display the transmitter location on a gray line map. I normally listen to Radio Habana Cuba, Radio Romania International, Radio Australia International and China Radio International; this site makes it easy to figure out which one of the multiple transmitters the stations have are using and at what time.

http://www.short-wave.info/
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

mdmc

Interesting site. Actually a bit educational if you bother to read the whole thing.

So what does the rest of the world think of the games our government is playing with respect to its' effect on them?

KC9TNH

Thanks for posting that link. From the assumption that the net may not be there at some point - or one may not be at the net - it's worth perusing & listening to find who broadcasts what of need, and write it down.
Very well done website for its type.

Now back to facilitating the in-law exodus...

KK0G

Quote from: KC9TNH on October 13, 2013, 10:50:35 AM
Thanks for posting that link. From the assumption that the net may not be there at some point - or one may not be at the net - it's worth perusing & listening to find who broadcasts what of need, and write it down.
Very well done website for its type.

Now back to facilitating the in-law exodus...

Good point. I have a bunch of schedules already written down for that very reason but obviously nowhere near as inclusive as what's available on the website. Of course there's always the tried and true method of just spinning the old VFO knob to find stations.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

Archangel320420

I listen to Alex Jones M-F most weeks on 12.160 Mhz WWCR in Nashville. 11p.m. to 3p.m. Central Time USA.

raybiker73

I love short-wave.info, great site. It's easy to navigate and I use it pretty frequently. Although, I still pine for the days of the old yearly editions of "Passport to World Band Radio." I miss that book.

Rob_ma

Quote from: raybiker73 on October 14, 2013, 10:00:18 PM
I love short-wave.info, great site. It's easy to navigate and I use it pretty frequently. Although, I still pine for the days of the old yearly editions of "Passport to World Band Radio." I miss that book.

World Radio Television Handbook (WRTH) was my favorite: http://www.wrth.com/

- Rob