Bitcoin donations to: 1CE9UfWJcHBYkWPns7iqBqZgKhd5xfqEaM thanks!
Buy Bitcoins easily by clicking HERE!

Author Topic: Sending Encrypted Messages in Morse Code.  (Read 15640 times)

gil

• Administrator
  • SMeter: +75/-3
    • View Profile
    • Radio Preppers
Re: Sending Encrypted Messages in Morse Code.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 08:54:58 AM »

Gil.

cockpitbob

• Administrator
  • SMeter: +39/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »
Nice vid Gil.  I like the white board presentation.  It made things nice and clear.

One idea for a OTP that I kind of like is the news paper.  You and your counterpart agree on something like:  the key starts on the first letter in the first column on page-2 of yesterday's Wall Street Journal.  Not as secure as something truly random, but it has exceptional convenience.  Every day the paper boy (do they still exist?) delivers your pad for tomorrow.  I've also heard of using the text from a novel (starts with 2nd paragraph on pg 132, etc).

gil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Radio Preppers
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »

Nice vid Gil.  I like the white board presentation.  It made things nice and clear.

Thanks Bob :-)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

johno

• SMeter: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
A little late to the party here, (only 9 months) but as I started reading this I was going to mention the one time pad site by Dirk Rijmenants, which “Quietguy” already did, which is excellent.  I should also tell you about

http://allworldwars.com/German-Radio-Intelligence-by-Albert-Praun.html

which was written by a bunch of Wehrmacht officers with radio intel experience in both WW-1 and WW-2.  One thing I thought was interesting was their mention of the Polish and Czechs pre-war exercises and when the Nazi's were actually on the move, the Poles and Czech's followed the same plans, complete with call signs and marshalling locations, which the Nazi's had already DF'd!  It's a long read and a little dry at times, but definitely is written by people who know their business.

We were always told in the Army to use wirelines between units in cantonment areas (I've laid miles of WD1-TT).   We were also told that about 11 seconds after pushing the mic button, the Russians could DF your position and have artillery on the way.  When we were in Bavaria for REFORGER, as long as we used speech security devices, there was terrific radio jamming from Czechoslovakia.  As soon as we went back to nonsecure and encryption pads, the jamming stopped.  Nowadays, they have frequency hoppers and I'd love to see how those work!

PS:  CW still does the job!

gil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Radio Preppers
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 06:04:23 PM »
Thanks John, nice insight.
Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk