General Category > Net Activity

Contact Failure With OH8STN Julian, at Survival Tech Nord.

(1/4) > >>

gil:

Gil.

swxx:
Gil you must have good ears for SSB. I could not hear OH at ALL. The MW0DEW I could HEAR but not understand even ONE word! On CW that would have been easy. I can copy CW up to -13dB SNR, though with repeats. -10dB SNR no sweat at all. But SSB I have always been poor at, like all things is needs training I guess. Does that radio do CW too? Lovely radio... need to look out for that sort of gear.

gil:

--- Quote ---Does that radio do CW too? Lovely radio...
--- End quote ---

Sure does, without keyer of course, but there is a neat little Morse key that goes with it. The only issue is that the CW tone is 2kHz. It does have a good 250Hz filter though.

Gil.

swxx:
Well that's great! I could put up with the 2kHz CW tone I guess, that's just for outgoing? You can vary the pitch of incoming CW or is that on frequency also when pitch is at 2kHz? Maybe the logic there was if anyone heard you they might think they're having tinnitus. Or, in the battle field, perhaps that pitch gets above the noise of explosions and the shriek of missiles?!

gil:
2kHz is what you hear. The guy on the other end, of course will set your tone to what he uses...

Gil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version