Bitcoin donations to: 1CE9UfWJcHBYkWPns7iqBqZgKhd5xfqEaM thanks!
Buy Bitcoins easily by clicking HERE!

Use coupon radiopreppers for 20% off on the above site.Become a Patron!

Author Topic: Tube radio  (Read 9528 times)

raybiker73

Re: Tube radio
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
I have a Heathkit HW-101 that contains approximately 4 billion tubes (or it seemed that way when I had to replace them), and heats the room up nicely.

NWARadio

• SMeter: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
I need to start saving to send mine off to be worked on. I've been advised to have the capacitors replaced and I can either attempt that myself or send it off to be done. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do it myself.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

raybiker73

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
I have a Heathkit HW101 (100W all mode, all HF) that someone gave me.  It hasn't run in so many years the rubber drive belts are rock hard.  Some day when my leisure time reappears I'm going to bring it back to life.

Hey Bob, I have a couple extra drive belts for the 101, if you need a set, they're yours. Just send me a PM if you want them.

cockpitbob

• Administrator
  • SMeter: +39/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »
I have a Heathkit HW101 (100W all mode, all HF) that someone gave me.  It hasn't run in so many years the rubber drive belts are rock hard.  Some day when my leisure time reappears I'm going to bring it back to life.

Hey Bob, I have a couple extra drive belts for the 101, if you need a set, they're yours. Just send me a PM if you want them.
Thanks for the offer Ray, but I bought a belt kit off eBay last winter when I thought I would have time for it.  I got as far as using a Variac to slowly bring up the power supply to re-form the electrolytics.  After 2 days I had it up to 100% and nothing when pow.  I haven't touched it since though :-\

Radio Preppers

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »