K1OIK presents CW for the beginning ham.

Started by gil, October 05, 2012, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

gil

Oops, we had some issues here between two members of the board... I removed the posts and suggest that you guys simply ignore each other.. I don't want personal issues to be debated here, period. Incident closed.

Gil.

k1oik

I have no interest in being part of a board that the owner thinks he is a God and needs to censor and also needs to require a verification on each  message. This is not a bank. Even QRZ does not have excessive security. Luck did attack me but was not indecent
Thank you for posting my video

cockpitbob

Quote from: k1oik on October 06, 2012, 07:12:15 AM
I have no interest in being part of a board that the owner thinks he is a God and needs to censor and also needs to require a verification on each  message. This is not a bank. Even QRZ does not have excessive security. Luck did attack me but was not indecent
Thank you for posting my video
His board.  His rules.  There are those of us who like a well moderated board.
BTW, nice video.

RadioRay

I enjoyed the video though it's giving me a severe case of KX-3 mania... MAN I keep drooling over those rigs.  My K2 is superb - but, the KX-3 just does so much in a very small package.  Good intro to CW, BTW.

73 de RadioRay ..._ ._

Ps. Agreed:  His board: his rules.  Quite frankly, the reason that I am here rather than other places is because it's such an active, yet well administered board - that and all the free booze & loose women...   :P
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

WA4STO

Quote from: RadioRay on October 06, 2012, 10:18:37 AM

Ps. Agreed:  His board: his rules.  Quite frankly, the reason that I am here rather than other places is because it's such an active, yet well administered board - that and all the free booze & loose women...   :P

Agreed, Ray.  Gil is to be congratulated for such a wonderful board.  Now, about the free booze & loose wimmen, are you telling me that Gil has kept a whole area of the board out of site and available only to the chosen few?  I mean, you've got this little yellow "newbie" thing beside your screen name, as do I.  How come YOU can see the good stuff and I can't? Hmm??

at least tell me that the looser ones have ham radio licenses and that the smoother liquors are stashed away on rare DX islands...

73 de WA4STO

gil

Hello,

Thanks guys for the comments. k1oik has informed me that he wished to be removed from the board so i deleted his account. I do not like censoring either. I would not censor someone who's opinion disagrees with mine. In this case, I could see a storm brewing... This is not the place for personal issues.

I don't know when the newbie thing is supposed to change.. There might be a setting somewhere to change it depending on the number of posts, but I haven't stumbled onto it yet.. Soon enough it will change..

The B&LW board membership is not cheap  ;)

Gil.

Frosty

Dang.  I take a half-day off to do some deer hunting and miss some good stuff ;)   

Thanks for the forum, and for allowing Tor users Gil.

gil

Hello Frosty,

You didn't miss anything better than deer hunting  ;)
As to using Tor, the RadioPreppers server isn't located in Iceland for nothing...
(Just a little extra privacy...)

Gil.

RadioRay

"I mean, you've got this little yellow "newbie" thing beside your screen name, as do I.  How come YOU can see the good stuff and I can't? Hmm??"

- - Mine is GOLD - no reeeeeeally!     ;D  (moo-ha-ha-ha)

"at least tell me that the looser ones have ham radio licenses "
- - Well, I always recommend to never date a girl who isn't a decent dancer, or can't send decent code. The rest of her I prefer to be indecent.  A man has to have standards.

"and that the smoother liquors are stashed away on rare DX islands..."
- -  I HIGHLY recommend Nassau Royale, though Nassau is not rare DX, it's certainly some very good and smooth hootch.  That's a sailor's delight: helping the sun to sun , while at anchor..."

Well, time to go tap some code.  I like the way that thirty meters sounds about sundown. 
Then again, maybe I can talk with some of the radio ops at the old maritime shore station: KPH.  They run on ham frequencies on weekends and Wednesday nights 050 up from the bottom of 80, 40, 20 & 15 meters. It's a nice opportunity to slide the weight back on the Vibroplex.

73 de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

WA4STO

Ah, KPH, our sister station.

Me, I was at WCC.  But I guess you knew that.

When WCC closed (shortly after I left for Newington CT), a bunch of us tried to buy the property and make an Internet Service Provider out of it.

Not gonna happen.

WCC consisted of two PRIME pieces of real eastate.  One at Ryder's Cove in Chatham; that's where the receiver site was.  Then there was the transmitter site over on the Chatham/Harwich line.  Insanely expensive.

And ever-eroding.  Wonder how the hi-brows feel, looking out their front windows as the tide takes it all away.

gil

Very foolish getting rid of those radio stations...

Gil.

Sunflower

This is a great video. K10IK did a wonderful job. I think I have seen a video by him before.

I did not quite understand why the Simpson meter would be needed.