Ham licensing in France

Started by fgenolini, August 19, 2020, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic



I have a UK Foundation license, and I will probably move to France soon.
What do I need to do, once I am in France, to get a French license, how long does it take, how much does it cost?



Hello. I can only relate to what I did for my U.S. Extra license, which was to contact the ANFR, fill a form and get a French call-sign. It's free and takes a couple weeks. Now, I am not sure they will give you one from a Foundation license... I doubt it. You would be better off getting a full license and then asking for a French call-sign, or if your French is good enough, pass the French exam.



Hi Gil, I recently found you on Youtube. I like your videos, especially the one yesterday about the granges. I have recently got my UK license back and now live in France Dans le Gers (32) how can I convert that license to a French one. My french is not that good but I can get by, Today I took receipt of my new radio gear IC7300 & IC9700, still need antenna's, but can't wait to get back on the air waves. it has been 40 years since I was last transmitting, I have a FULL UK license, Is there some where I can go to find out about a reciprocal license in France.



I just answered in my previous comment. Unfortunately I don't know any more than that. Good news, now it's free...