Following recent comments I had to add this to all my videos... Please do not comment about current political events on the Facebook group as some people misunderstand the meaning of a flag created in 1775 and associate it with its misuse these days. I do allow a bit of leeway here as this is my domain name, hosted in Iceland, country with great laws about freedom of speech. Here it goes:
"DISCLAIMER: The Radio Prepper logo (depicting a microphone) is indeed inspired from a famous flag created in 1775. It is NOTHING BUT a symbol of freedom and independence. It does NOT imply support to any political group. It does NOT imply, represent nor support any ideology with an intent on harming anyone. Freedom means freedom from persecution based on any human trait or belief such as, non exhaustively, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or nationality. The Radio Prepper channel is a technology and science channel with a focus on preparedness and use of radio technology for disaster relief and small group communications in times of need. It is apolitical and open to anyone sharing the same interests."
If you need any clarification on my opinions, feel free to ask me in a private message, but be patient as I do not check those often. This forum and associated YouTube channel are for discussions of a practical nature only.
Sorry that I had to post this but I thought it was necessary in light of the new censorship paradigm. Note that nobody ever asked me about the logo until a couple days ago... Keep in mind that I no longer engage in arguments so don't waste your time trying to start one.
Now more than ever is the time to be prepared as the future appears quite uncertain. You thought 2020 was bad? Just wait...
I prefer to avoid political comments on any platform, but this time, only once, and to clarify my personal position if anyone wonders:
- I am very much against instigating violence unless attacked.
- My political views are mostly Libertarian, not Republican and certainly not Democrat.
- I defend and promote freedom and individual rights.
- I am not religious but defend freedom of religion as any other freedom.
- I am very much against racism and any kind of discrimination.
- I abhor ideologies based on theft and control under the threat of violence, specifically socialism/communism.
- I do not support the far-right which is similar to far-left ideology.
- Don't tread on me.
That's it, and I really don't want to talk about this again publicly.
I wish you all a safe and healthy new year.