My Survival Radio Philosophy and Charging Batteries.

Started by gil, April 09, 2018, 03:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

solaris0121

Gil, I wonder what savings might be made by adding a little switch to to let you turn off the lcd display and led back light..... maybe a little push micro switch so you can check the charge level every now and then.

gil

Quote from: solaris0121 on April 28, 2018, 09:09:23 AM
Gil, I wonder what savings might be made by adding a little switch to to let you turn off the lcd display and led back light..... maybe a little push micro switch so you can check the charge level every now and then.
I did think about doing that for my QCX!

Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

solaris0121

I've already had a brief chat with Hans about that (waiting for my 40m kit to arrive )  he also suggested using an OLED display (as I wanted a green display for my project) to save a little extra power.  He is planning on changing the displays to the green/yellow type as they can be read in the daytime with the backlight turned off.

I have cleaned out the internal electronics from a broken clansman hand crank charger and that will be the case for my new QCX kit, using a drop down converter for the 24 volt Nicad batteries.  It will have a small speaker built in as well as it's own keyed, so completely self contained.  I also have a second spare case and will probably build an emtech tuner into that.

gil

Quote from: solaris0121 on April 29, 2018, 09:02:08 AM
I've already had a brief chat with Hans about that (waiting for my 40m kit to arrive )  he also suggested using an OLED display (as I wanted a green display for my project) to save a little extra power.  He is planning on changing the displays to the green/yellow type as they can be read in the daytime with the backlight turned off.

I have cleaned out the internal electronics from a broken clansman hand crank charger and that will be the case for my new QCX kit, using a drop down converter for the 24 volt Nicad batteries.  It will have a small speaker built in as well as it's own keyed, so completely self contained.  I also have a second spare case and will probably build an emtech tuner into that.
Nice. I use the Hammond 1590BB, great case!
Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk